Share a Story-Shape a Future: Some Final Thoughts
I can't thank our hosts, guests, and visitors enough for their enthusiasm, passion, and love of reading. Everyone poured their passion for kids and reading into the week, and if the number of comments are an indication, I think it's been contagious!
Now the fun begins. This is where the tour truly takes off. As we've said from the beginning, this isn't about *telling* people they need to read, it is about making ourselves available - as models, as mentors, as members of our community. In our resource kit, you'll find many of the ideas that we've talked about and links to organizations that are just as passionate about reading and literacy as you are.
We hope that you will share a story and shape a future!
One last thing. We'd appreciate your feedback about the week. This short survey will help us analyze the event. Please feel free to use the comment section to add additional thoughts and ideas. What worked? what didn't? What would you like to see more of? If you prefer, you can also email me at thereadingtub [at] gmail [dot] com.
UPDATE 4 April: We have removed the survey itself.





5 comments:
So much incredibly useful and interesting content, so little time to read it all :-) But I intend to catch up, slowly and surely, so I hope all these links don't go anywhere!
You know the only thing missing? Something on YouTube (not info about YouTube, but an actual video post)...I think vlogs might be the way to catch all those young readers. Thanks for a splendiferous blog tour!
I just filled out the survey! The blOg tour definitely wildly exceeded my expectations!
I plan to finish reading all the blog posts and will leave comments along my journey!
THANK YOU EVERYONE! ~VERY IMPRESSIVE!
This was soooooo wonderful! Much food for thought for my own library work with kids and families; for discussions with the families and kids who use us; info firepower for grant and proposal writing; and thought-provoking stuff to chew over in my blog for children's librarians "Tiny Tips for Library Fun". I appreciated the breadth of the topics and how well and creatively the bloggers approached the material. Readers and readers-to-be rock! Thanks for all the hard work and prep pulling it together!
Apparently, I was so late in getting through all the great posts and links that I missed the survey!! Sorry about that! In my opinion, the week was GRAND!!! Thank you so much for hosting and I hope to see it back again next year! And, if you do bring it back, I may just have a few ideas to pass on to you! If you are interested, send me an email at tiftalksbooks at gmail dot com!
Oh, and in case you were interested, here is a link to all of my posts that I made about the individual days . . . http://tiftalksbooks.blogspot.com/search/label/Share%20A%20Story-Shape%20A%20Future
Please feel free to check it out!! And, sorry that it is so late in coming!!
Post a Comment