We are blogging librarians, teachers, parents, illustrators, authors, and literacy passionistas. Share a Story - Shape a Future
is a collaborative venue to share ideas and celebrate everything reading has to offer our kids.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Literacy & Reading

Last week, we talked about some of the Reading Tips we gathered during Share a Story-Shape a Future 2009. This week, I’ve rounded up the resources and ideas related to reading aloud.

Reading aloud is crucial to our development as readers and communicators. As Donalyn Miller pointed out in her post, you’re never to old to enjoy having a story read aloud. Still not sure? Then visit The Reading Zone, where you can follow along as Sarah shares the reactions and excitement of her middle school students.

These are posts from the week, as well as links and posts mentioned in the comments. Sarah wrote a post in early April about her process for reading aloud. Although it wasn’t directly part of Share a Story, it goes to the heart of what we hope this event will do. So we’ve included it below.

Understanding Read Aloud with Young Children

Thoughts and Tips for Reading Aloud with Independent Readers

Read Aloud Resources for Adults


Next Week: Books and Booklists. There were so many recommendations, we’re going to break this into a series.

3 comments:

Jen Robinson April 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

This is a good reminder that I have new books to add to that Literacy Books list, Terry. Thanks! I think that you're really adding value by wrapping things up into these resource posts.

Anonymous,  April 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Terry,
You offer so many great links. I need more time in the day to read all of your great resources! Thanks for putting this awesome site together--I love it and it looks great!

Now, I have RSS Feed Icon envy! :)

All the best,
Lori
www.loricalabrese.com

Dawn @Moms Inspire Learning April 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

I agree. You've put together a comprehensive resource that can be used by parents, teachers, literacy specialists, authors, and anyone who loves children's literature.

Bravo!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Credits

Share a Story-Shape a Future Logo created by Elizabeth Dulemba