Mark My Words: Bookmarks
We promised lots of useable content this week, and here is the next free thing: bookmark ideas.
Bookmarks can come in handy. We normally associate them with longer books, but in our house they've been known to hold our place in a picture book . ["Mommy, put a bookmark on page 3, I have to go the bathroom."]
Kids like to use the things they make - and goodness knows they make lots of art. So why not create art for their books? They might even find an excuse to use their creation and pick up a book!
Bookmarks can be made of just about anything. In the days before craft foam, we used paper, card stock, and felt. Now, a piece of craft foam and a bucket of self-adhesive stickers make it easy to create bookmarks as a class project, as party favors, or just because. In this document you'll find links to places where you can download ready-to-go bookmarks and quick step-by-step ideas (and templates) for creating your own.
Credits:
Susan Stephenson created this document
The Just One More Book! logo courtesy of Just One More Book!





3 comments:
Love this idea! Thank you!!
You know, I've never been one much for "proper" bookmarks, preferring to grab the handiest slip of paper or "sticky". But I think I am changing my mind!
Love bookmarks- will use these as an activity at school.Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment