We are blogging librarians, teachers, parents, illustrators, authors, and literacy passionistas. Share a Story - Shape a Future
is a collaborative venue to share ideas and celebrate everything reading has to offer our kids.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Share a Story-Shape a Future: The Future of Reading

" I have always loved picture books. Growing up, I stared at my favorite for hours at a time wishing I could visit the magical worlds on its pages. Through drawing, I found a door and was seldom seen without a drawing pad tucked under my arm. When I drew, I lived in the stories that filled my head. Eventually, I put them to paper as well."

~ Elizabeth O. Dulemba ~

Elizabeth O. Dulemba, a.k.a. "e," is an award winning children's book author and illustrator. If you ask her, she will tell you that she was "beamed to this planet with a pencil in her hand. Once she stopped chewing on it, she began to write and draw." Given her interplanetary travels, she knows that paper books don't always travel well and that the future for books may be ... Nope, I'm going to let her tell you!

Day 5: Technology and Reading - What the Future Holds
is hosted by Elizabeth O. Dulemba at Dulemba.com

Elizabeth has pulled everything into one post today. She will also be publishing full-length interviews with her guests over the next few days. As they go live, we'll add the links. If you are interested in the subject, y\You will most definitely want to check out her resource list.
More Great Posts

7 comments:

BookChook March 13, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

I am interested to read if others think eBooks, audiobooks and all will ever replace print. I feel a little old fashioned admitting I hope not!

Anonymous,  March 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

You should check out Adventurebox books. They are great for Kids aged 6-9 and have award winning writer Michael Morpurgo as a guest author in the upcoming March issue! Get his guest issue free here

Terry Doherty March 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Book Chook - I know how you feel. We'll always need print. The idea of 'bundling' intrigues me and I like the possibilities it offers.

Blue - Very cool. Thanks for the link.

Irene Latham March 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

I love Kathleen Duey's response so much. Here's to embracing these new possibilities... it's a great time to be a writer.

Anonymous,  March 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Thank you for a wonderful week...the summary statement on technology today was a fitting close to the week! Here is my Day 5 posting on the Tour....happy reading to all!

RIF, US Airways, and Day 5: Share a Story Blog Tour
http://www.rascofromrif.org/?p=1128

Tif Sweeney March 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

What a great week with some amazing articles and resoures!! LOVED it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous,  March 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Government documents now available on AudioBooks. Keep up with Obama's fast moving government! To download the latest government documents on audio, visit www.ativioaudio.com.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Credits

Share a Story-Shape a Future Logo created by Elizabeth Dulemba