Pic Pocket Books: Combining Classic Stories with Modern Life
Today we'd like to say thank you to Lynette Mattke and her company PicPocket Books. This is Day 4 of Share a Story-Shape a Future, and the topic of the day is combining the old and new ...
Lynette knows all about that. She's a mom of three and is an iPhone APP developer. She's stood in line with a cranky kid working desperately to engage them with *something* while she paid for groceries. As Lynette explains:
I want to say very clearly that we do NOT see our picture book applications for the iPhone as replacements for print books, but rather as an option for parents and children who are away from their collection of books and who would like to read or look at picture books as an alternative to movies and video games - in the car, on airplanes, waiting at the doctor's office, etc.For Share a Story ~ Shape a Future, Lynette has donated five (5) codes for eBooks from the PicPocket Books collection for downloading to an iPhone or iPod touch. This YouTube video with the What a Pest story helps you see how it works.
To enter this giveaway, add a comment with your suggestion on ways to ENGAGE kids with eBooks. We will use a random number generator to draw the winners' names. Deadline: 5PM Pacific Time Friday, 12 March 2010.
The Fine Print
1. The unlock codes must be used within 4 weeks of winning.
2. The code is for one download only.
3. You must own an iPhone or iPod touch ... you can not delegate the code to any other person.
3. The giveaway is open to US residents only. Sorry. It's the way the Apple Store works.






3 comments:
This is a great idea! I wish I had an iPhone! My suggestion for ways to keep kids engage with eBooks would be a great narrator with a unique voice, a little music within the story, and maybe some clickable features within the story that would allow the kids to interact.
Eric Van Raepenbusch
Whoopee! I want to enter. My daughter has an iphone and my 4 year old granddaughter loves to play with it.
I have an E book coming out next month from Guardian Angel Publishing called "Growing Up Dreams" and I believe Lynda also plans the book to be an iphone application. I think this is a wonderful idea to keep kids occupied in the car or in the grocery cart.
What a great idea - my daughter would love it!
Post a Comment