Writing @ Reading - Share A Story 2013 Day 1
Although we tend to think of literacy as "reading," it is so much more. Literacy encompasses communication and the ability to express ideas and comprehension, as well as critical thinking and its cousin problem solving.
Books are one tool for building these skills, but not the only ones. In our quest to "walk the talk" of literacy, we created Writing @ Reading. Each day this week we will post two or three writing prompts build around the daily theme.
Just as we have in years' past, Writing @ Reading is a contest. Thanks to our generous sponsors - Reading is Fundamental and The Reading Tub, you can win books for your school, public, or personal library. For each post you write, you receive one entry in our random drawing for one of six sets of books.
Today's prompts:
Books are one tool for building these skills, but not the only ones. In our quest to "walk the talk" of literacy, we created Writing @ Reading. Each day this week we will post two or three writing prompts build around the daily theme.
Just as we have in years' past, Writing @ Reading is a contest. Thanks to our generous sponsors - Reading is Fundamental and The Reading Tub, you can win books for your school, public, or personal library. For each post you write, you receive one entry in our random drawing for one of six sets of books.
Today's prompts:
- If you were creating a children's library from scratch, what ten books would you start with, and why.
- In a still image or 30-second video, share what "literacy with baby" looks like in your house.
After you write your post, be sure to come back here and add the link in the comments. That's how we'll be able to enter you in the drawing.
Rules Reminder:
- Winners will be selected in a random drawing. Each post written as part of our Writing @ Reading series will count as one entry for the contest.
- Each set of Writing @ Reading prompts will be published at Noon each day, March 4 to 8, 2013.
- We accept entries all week long, so if you decide to write to Monday's post on Wednesday, that's cool!
- All entries must be submitted by Saturday, 9 March 2013 at Noon Eastern time.
- The drawing will be held on Monday March 11, 2013, and winners contacted by email by Tuesday, March 12, 2013.






4 comments:
Looking forward to participating this week! Thank you for the opportunity!
Hi Dena, So glad you're joining us ... can't wait to see which prompt(s) entice you this week!
I'm working on a post for the writing prompt, what ten books would you include in a children's library. I look forward to seeing what books others would choose. I'll share my post as soon as I'm done. I think I'm supposed to submit the link to LINKS TO THIS POST Create a Link. I thought I'd get done tonight, but my bed is calling me.
I finished my post. It was fun. http://parentsfeelsuccessfultoday.blogspot.com/2013/03/choosing-ten-childrens-books.html
Post a Comment