Share a Story 2012: Dear Reader Edition
Updated to fix mis-directed links!
Is it Friday already? In just four days we've gotten a year's worth of ideas, suggestions, and hopefully encouragement for not only connecting kids with books, but using them as a launching pad to bigger and broader things.
As we wrap up this week, we thought we would do something a bit different this year. There is no "formal agenda." We have no scheduled guests. Instead, we are opening the floor (as it were) for
We'll be back later this morning to announce the winner of the the 2012 Multicultural Books Collection, for your school or public library. Our friends at Reading Racehorse will continue to offer Frank the Friendly Pirate, an eBook App for free today.
As always, we thank you for joining us on our annual literacy blog tour! We appreciate you spending your time with us ... and for dedicating your passion to creating a community of readers among the kids who touch your lives.
Is it Friday already? In just four days we've gotten a year's worth of ideas, suggestions, and hopefully encouragement for not only connecting kids with books, but using them as a launching pad to bigger and broader things.
As we wrap up this week, we thought we would do something a bit different this year. There is no "formal agenda." We have no scheduled guests. Instead, we are opening the floor (as it were) for
- culture-of-reading topics we may not have explored,
- requests for ideas in specific areas;
- questions for our hosts and guests;
- your culture-of-reading and literacy ideas; or
- just general commentary.
We'll be back later this morning to announce the winner of the the 2012 Multicultural Books Collection, for your school or public library. Our friends at Reading Racehorse will continue to offer Frank the Friendly Pirate, an eBook App for free today.
As always, we thank you for joining us on our annual literacy blog tour! We appreciate you spending your time with us ... and for dedicating your passion to creating a community of readers among the kids who touch your lives.







4 comments:
It has been a fantastic week. Many great ideas from the community. I hope this event continues on each year! I really look forward to it!
Thanks Eric ... let me know if you'd like to be part of the planning ensemble! We're always looking for a few reading dada. ~ Terry
I'm behind this week but am so looking forward to reading through the posts I've missed. I love the theme this year and wish I could have participated. I had an idea for a post (a response to one of the prompts) but haven't had a chance to write it yet. Any chance you are still accepting submissions? If not, I will try next year :)
Kerry, when it comes to literacy, it is NEVER too late ... when you write your post, let me know and I'll make sure we get it linked and syndicated here on on the SAS blog!! Yeah!!
Post a Comment