We are blogging librarians, teachers, parents, illustrators, authors, and literacy passionistas. Share a Story - Shape a Future
is a collaborative venue to share ideas and celebrate everything reading has to offer our kids.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Share a Story Writing @ Reading Winners

Yes, congratulations are in order. As we wrap up the last pieces of Share a Story 2011, it is time to announce the winners of our Event Giveaways.

As we did last year, participation for prizes here are tied to participating in our Writing @ Reading series. This year, our winners can keep the books for their families or share them with a local school or library. Either way, we know they'll enjoy sharing a story!

Because we had a tie for fourth place, we re-balanced the prize distribution to make it fairer.

Grand Prize: 2010 Multicultural Book set (30 titles) courtesy of Reading is Fundamental


Eric Von Raepenbusch
at Happy Birthday Author for his post about sharing the afternoon with Robot Zot, Mr. McGreely, and Harold (of Harold and the Purple Crayon fame). Read his post at Happy Birthday Author.

Second Prize: Selection of Ten Children's books courtesy of The Reading Tub, and Susanna Hill's new book April Fools, Phyllis


Tif of Tif Talks Books, who, with a friend, transformed the loft of their barn into a boxcar and solved mysteries ... just like Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Bennie (The Boxcar Children). Read about the "loft" kids here.
    Third Prize:  Two books from the Barefoot Books catalog courtesy of Barefoot Books
    Elizabethanne for Dear Anne, her letter to Anne of Green Gables who influenced her as a reader. "...It was your imagination that drew me to you, and that kept me coming back to you again and again. I didn’t know many (if any!) children with as vivid an imagination as I had, so coming to know you through your author’s books made me feel as if I wasn’t so odd and alone after all. You were, indeed, a kindred spirit. Knowing you led me to seek out your author’s other imaginative characters, and they’ve all enriched my life — but you, Anne, were the first, and for that I thank you." Read her complete letter at Elizabethanne Writes

      Fourth Prize: Mrs. P's Four Favorite Fairy Tales & Funny Stories - One copy to each of our winners.


      Joanna Marple, who wrote a letter to Nancy of  Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons at Miss Marple's Musings: "I know I should probably mention the other five children, but you were truly the one that captured my heart ... I just knew as soon as we “met” on your first encounter with the Swallows, that we would be friends. You were truly a tomboy after my own heart. Your adventures were my adventures. I came with you on each of your escapades in the heart of the English Lake District, which I loved so much, and beyond."
      Mrs. P's Four Favorite Fairy Tales & Funny Stories
      Janice DuranteA Garden for All Time, not only analyzing the classic The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, but offering modern suggestions for younger audiences, too.  Read her post at Books of Wonder and Wisdom





      As a reminder: Sponsors will only ship to addresses in North America. Winners have 72 hours to claim their prize by emailing shareastory [at] thereadingtub [dot] com.

      If you are still feeling lucky (it is St. Patrick's Day after all!), then run, don't walk to Elizabeth Dulemba's end of the rainbow! You still have a chance to win her Share a Story ~ Shape a Future GIVEAWAY!!! Hurry ... skip over to Dulemba.com and add your comment to her How I Fell in Love with Reading post!

      7 comments:

      elizabethanne March 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

      Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity to share a story that has meant so much to me over many years!

      Drawing children in to a love of reading is so very important, and is a mission very close to my heart.

      Eric VanRaepenbusch March 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

      Congratulations to everyone! Last week was a lot of fun! I don't think I have read that many blog posts in one week --- ever! I learned so much! Thanks.

      Tif Sweeney March 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

      Congratulations to everyone!!!! I had so much fun reading these posts and am still working on getting through all of the great articles and links still! Can't wait for next year!!

      Joanna March 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

      Well done all.... so many wonderful post! thank you dear hosts for such inspirational writing prompts.

      Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

      Bravo to all! I enjoyed reading all of the wonderful posts. Thank you!

      Janice March 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

      Well done, all! What a wonderful variety of posts, all thought-provoking. Thank you for this opportunity.

      elizabethanne March 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

      Thank you again for this! My books arrived yesterday from Barefoot Books, and I'm delighted with them. You can read my comments about them at this post on my blog -- http://elizabethannewrites.com/2011/03/25/thank-you-barefoot-books/

      Post a Comment

      Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

      Credits

      Share a Story-Shape a Future Logo created by Elizabeth Dulemba