We are blogging librarians, teachers, parents, illustrators, authors, and literacy passionistas. Share a Story - Shape a Future
is a collaborative venue to share ideas and celebrate everything reading has to offer our kids.

Friday, May 1, 2009

The 2009 List: Read-alikes and Booklists for all audiences

Here we are ... the last post of the 2009 event.

Today's post answers the question "Can you recommend a book like ... ?" Ready-to-go booklists are really valuable (and we do have summer reading coming soon), so if you've got a link for a booklist, please add it below.

I have only included read-alike and booklists mentioned during the event. I know there are more out there -- Little Willow's lists at Bildungsroman are a personal fave. With summer reading looming on the horizon, it would be great to have share more choices.

As I have in days past, I'm including the link to Worldcat to make it easy to find these books.

READ-ALIKES and BOOKLISTS (by audience)

Various/All Ages
On-Lion for Kids York Public Library by the New York Public Library (recommended by Valerie Baartz)
Scholastic’s Teachers Book Wizard (recommended by Janelle at Brimful Curiosities)
ReadKiddoRead (recommended by Tif Talks Books)

Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers

Birth to Six/Early Literacy Booklists the Multnomah County Public Library website (0 to 6)
Doctor-recommended Reading (0 to 5)
Terrific Books for Busy Toddlers (recommended by Valerie Baartz) (0 to 4)
MotherReader’s ABC Storytimes

Elementary Readers (Independent readers – 3rd grade and up)

Middle Grade and YA If you liked …



The Wrap-up ...
Three days ago: Adult, Toddler, and Preschool Books
Two days ago: Picture Books & Easy Readers
Yesterday: Middle Grade and Young Adult Books
Today: The Complete List (PDF version)

2 comments:

Unknown May 7, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

I teach a class of reluctant readers. The following link is to a post from my blog listing the books they self-selected this year to read on their own. I think you'll be surprised and pleased : )

http://philosophyofklo.blogspot.com/2009/04/literature-options-for-reluctant-ya.html

Tales of Whimsy February 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

You have such a lovely blog! Thank you for visiting mine :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Credits

Share a Story-Shape a Future Logo created by Elizabeth Dulemba